Hooking up Android TV
If you are familiar with Android smarthphones then you will probably recognize many of the features of Android TV. Many of the same apps are available on both platforms. The Android TV platform is available on many different devices; including NVidia Shield TV, Smart TVs, Asus Nexus Player, etc. Our recommended choice of Android TV is the Mi Box available at Walmart. It’s a fairly straightforward device that runs Android TV.
Here’s a quick video from Mi on how to set up your Mi Box
You must have a Google account to initialize an Android TV device and access the Google Play Store to download apps.
Here are the basic steps to set up an Android TV Mi Box:
- Turn on your TV and find the input for the Android TV Mi Box. Try cycling through the different inputs on your TV by pressing the “Input” or “Source” on your TV’s remote button until you see the Mi Box loading or setup screen.
- Make sure to put the AAA batteries into the remote and click and hold the “Back” and “Home” buttons to connect the remote to the box.
- You will see a list of available wireless networks. Choose your SSID and enter your network password.
- After you establish an internet connection, you’ll be prompted to sync with your Google account. Follow the on-screen steps to either enter your credentials or use another device to authorize your account.
- Once you authenticate your Google account you will be able to access the Google Play Store to download apps.